Name: Brandon K. Rivers
Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio
What do you enjoy writing on Slamfist Media?
I really like writing editorials, and game/comic/movie reviews. I am looking forward to working on the Supara script soon. I am planning on starting a personal blog on the site, with my daily musings, geek things, upcoming events I plan on going to or am excited about.
What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about films, especially book adaptations, Broadway musicals, and writing in general. I love to collect comics and read new authors. I am also passionate about my friends, and making sure they are okay, taken care of, and successful or helping them to be successful. I love video games, their development and marketing, and the stories of and behind them. I have recently started getting passionate about board and card games, especially Magic: The Gathering.
Also... Olympic swimming and American football. I swam competitively growing up and it is just one of those things I could never let go of. Football I grew up watching and playing in junior/high school and another one of those things that will always grab my attention.
I consider myself a nerd/jock hybrid...HAHA.
Besides working on Slamfist Media related projects, what else do you do with your free time?
I work...a lot. I play a lot of video games (excessive amounts of Skyrim lately). I read and collect comics. I watch Netflix religiously, and I am always looking for new things to watch. I am getting into Game of Thrones, working on finishing The Office, and anything nerdy/funny/etc.
I also spend a lot of time with my friends doing non-sense, and spending quality time with my wonderful girlfriend, her son, and my family.
What would you consider your greatest influence(s) that inspire you creatively?
My brother will always be my biggest inspiration. Our life together will always be the driving force in my life. He is the main reason I started writing in the first place.
The character Dick Grayson (Robin, Nightwing, Batman). The handling of his character, being one of the few comic book characters you actually get to see "grow up", and his general backstory and persona resonate with me a lot.
Science Fiction and Comic Book creators in general. What they can do and accomplish in today's media.
Kevin Smith and Joss Whedon. They show what you can do with little-to-no budget, great writing, and a great cast. But when do get that big budget, they astound me even more.
Do you have any personal goals with Slamfist Media?
To be one of the lead writers of the Supara comic, to be an increasingly itegral part of the team, and to help my friends and I achieve our biggest and wildest dreams. Not just with the comic, but with film, television, and more.
List some of your favorite movies:
- Clerks I and II
- Bruce Almighty
- The Dark Knight
- Marvel's The Avengers
- Eternal Sunhine of the Spotless Mind
- The Truman Show
List some of your favorite television series:
- Doctor Who (David Tennant is MY Doctor!)
- Honorable Mentions: The Office, Family Guy, Batman: The Animated Series
List some of your favorite books:
- Animorphs (series) - K.A. Applegate
- Fallen Angels - Walter Dean Myers
- Tietam Brown - Mick Foley
- Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist - Michael J. Fox
- To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
List some of your favorite Comic Books/Graphic Novels:
- Watchmen - Alan Moore (writer), Dave Gibbons (artist)
- Green Lantern: Blackest Night - Geoff Johns (writer), Ivan Reis (penciler)
- The Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time - Dan Slott (writer), Humberto Ramos (artist)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters - Mike Grell (writer)
- Uncanny X-Force (vol. 1) - Rick Remender (writer), Jeremy Opena (artist)
- Civil War (Marvel Comics) - Mark Millar (writer), Steve McNiven (penciler)
- Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War - Geoff Johns/Dave Gibbons (writers), Ivan Reis/Patrick Gleason/Ethan Van Sciver (artists)
Where else can we find you?
Thank you, Peace!
Follow all my work and reviews at Slamfist Media.
Like us on Facebook for any updates about of our p