Before I say anything else, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to our newest writer on the blog. Nicole Ary joined us just recently, and has thus far added a brief introduction over on her own personal section of the blog. Go check that out, and join me in welcoming her to the blog.
As for myself, I have actually spent the last several weeks writing. Lots and lots of writing. You may remember my story about Westerbrook Hospital, that I posted at the beginning of November, or perhaps some of the Fairytale Battles I have been doing. Well, I am currently working on another Fairytale Battle, as well as some stories I have promised contest winners, I've got stories I will be writing for one Kickstarter project, and on top of all of that, I am also working furiously on a novel-length piece that I have been formulating in my head. It's hard to explain, and I wouldn't want to try in the little space I am allowing myself here. Suffice to say, I think that this novel-length piece might end up being the first Kickstarter project I run personally. The Kickstarter project itself will be to fund three things I really want for this project:
- Professional editing. I like to think I have a great command of the language, but having someone who can go in and tell me how much I have screwed up would be nice.
- Illustrations to go between chapters. Extra money would mean extra chapter art. This requires finding artists who can work for the money I would be able to raise... Not an easy task by any means.
- Finally, I'd like to get it out in an actual physical copy. Digital may be the way everything is going, but I'm a little old-fashioned, and like the feel of an actual book in my hands.
To accomplish this task, I'll be putting out feelers for artists interested in joining me in this endeavor, as well as trying to figure out how much it will cost to actually publish the book in a physical copy.
The goal would be to offer tiers as such: (This is a work in progress, final prices, as well as the actual project itself are still very much in the planning phases)
- $1- Special thanks in the book.
- $2- Name your price! eBook copy, no illustrations.
- $5- Name your price! eBook copy, with illustrations.
- $10- Physical copy- Paperback
- $15- Paperback, plus choice of 1 8x10 print of chapter art.
- $25- Paperback, plus 5 8x10 prints
- $50- Paperback, plus ALL 8x10 prints.
- $100- Your name included in the book. (could be a character, a street name, etc)
- $200- You will be included as a major character, in the next story I write.
- $500- I will include you as the MAIN character in the next story I write.
So yeah... that is what I am working on... And let me tell ya, it is a lot of work. So... thoughts on this? Do you think I should go ahead with this idea? Would you like for me to post a sample chapter at some point? Chime in in the comments below!